Vinyasa and Hatha Private or Group Sessions
What to expect in a Vinyasa or Hatha Yoga class:
- Breath work
- Strengthening poses
- Flexibility increasing poses
- Balancing poses
- Seated poses
All private classes can be tailored to an individual or groups needs. The level of intensity can be moderated, specific areas of the body can be targeted and the focus of the work (strengthening, flexibility, relaxation and restoration) can all be discussed.
Prenatal and Postpartum Private or Group Sessions:
Pregnancy is a unique space in a woman’s life. Whether you are a new mother or have had previous children, pregnancy is a time when a woman needs to take extra care of her internal self and her body. Many changes are occurring physically and emotionally and it is an excellent time to center oneself and strengthen the body for labor and motherhood. Prenatal yoga offers excellent benefits by both strengthening the body and relaxing the mind.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga Include:
- Physical and Mental Preparation for Labor and parenthood
- Easing of common pregnancy aches and pains such as sciatica, backaches, and indigestion
- Shortening of labor time and increased postpartum healing
- Focusing on breath work and awareness to increase relaxation and stress relief before, during and after the birth of your child
- Supportive sharing and learning with other pregnant mamas
What to expect in a Prenatal Yoga Class
- Community time to Connect to other moms
- Breathwork and centering
- Poses to strengthen and open the pelvis, hips and groin
- Poses to relieve common and specific aches and pains of pregnancy and to improve digestion
- Mental focus and preparation for childbirth
Postnatal Yoga for individuals and groups is also available. After you have been cleared by your provider to exercise, yoga can be extremely beneficial in rebuilding strength in your lower body and pelvic floor. Classes also provide a respite and self-nurturing as well as time to center and re-balance after the life changing experience of motherhood.